Tell it, Girl…
Everybody’s got a story, and we want to hear yours! Whether it’s a cause for celebration or a time of trial, your special moment, or your constant motivation—we’re here to have your back and to bear witness. If you’re new to the community (welcome!), take a look at our About page to get a feel for how we do.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
We’ll have an open call for submissions four times each year. When the form is open, it will be located at the bottom of the page. All those who submit during the open call will receive a response the following month after submissions are closed. (For example, if you submit in March, you will receive a response in April.) Please submit your article to us only during one of the following periods:
- December 1-15: to be featured January-March
- March 1-15: to be featured April-June
- June 1-15: to be featured July-September
- September 1-15: to be featured October-December
- Your submission should be 600-900 words
- Your submission should be a first-person story with a lesson — something that happened to you and what you learned from it
- Your submission should be original writing that has not be published anyplace else (not even your personal blog or social platforms)
- Your submission should be in the form of a Word document that includes your name and the title (ex. Monique Nicole_A Lesson Learned.docx)
- Your submission should not be promoting goods or services. However, regarding promotion opportunities, you can email the Mahogany Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT VIA EMAIL; IT WILL NOT BE READ NOR CONSIDERED
At Mahogany.com, we strive to uplift and empower one another by sharing stories, telling truths, and bearing witness. We share experiences that connect to our community, are rooted in faith, and are driven with purpose. Here are some of the conversations we’re having:
- Parenting/ Motherhood
- Achieving Goals
- Health & wellness
- Friendship/ Sisterhood
- Knowledge of self
- Identity & Heritage
- Cultural Pride
- Setbacks and Comebacks
- Community & Belonging
- Hope & Healing
- Strength & resilience
- Wisdom of women
How to Submit
The form is currently closed. Subscribe to Mahogany.com so you’re the first to know when our guest submissions are open.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
Please note: stories or queries sent via email will not be considered.
Come through, Sis — we can’t wait to hear from you!