Tell it, Girl…
Everybody’s got a story, and we want to hear yours! Whether it’s a cause for celebration or a time of trial, your special moment, or your constant motivation—we’re here to have your back and to bear witness. If you’re new to the community (welcome!), take a look at our About page to get a feel for how we do.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
Guest Submissions We’ll have an open call for submissions four times each year. When the form is open, it will be located at the bottom of the page. If your submission is accepted for publication on the blog, you will receive an email after submissions are closed. (For example, if you submit in March, you will receive a response in April.) If your submission is not chosen for publication, you will not receive an email. However, you are welcome to submit the same piece of writing more than once (we recommend revising if it was not initially accepted).
Please submit your article to us only during one of the following periods:
- December 1-15: to be featured January-March
- March 1-15: to be featured April-June
- June 1-15: to be featured July-September
- September 1-15: to be featured October-December
- Your submission should be 600-900 words
- Your submission should be a first-person story with a lesson — something that happened to you and what you learned from it
- Your submission should be original writing that has not been published anyplace else (not even your personal blog or social platforms)
- Your submission should be in the form of a Word document that includes your name and the title (ex. Monique Nicole_A Lesson Learned.docx)
- Your submission should not be promoting goods or services. However, regarding promotion opportunities, you can email the Mahogany Team (MahoganyCare@hallmark.com).
- You may submit to back-to-back open calls, but if your piece is accepted, we ask that you wait for one submission cycle in between submitting again. (For example, if you have a piece accepted for the March cycle, you should skip the June cycle and submit again in September.)
- Submissions that are not published are still your writing. Feel free to publish it elsewhere or submit a revised copy to us at a later time.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT VIA EMAIL; IT WILL NOT BE READ NOR CONSIDERED
At Mahogany.com, we strive to uplift and empower one another by sharing stories, telling truths, and bearing witness. We share experiences that connect to our community, are rooted in faith, and are driven with purpose. Here are some of the conversations we’re having:
- Parenting/ Motherhood
- Achieving Goals
- Health & wellness
- Friendship/ Sisterhood
- Knowledge of self
- Identity & Heritage
- Cultural Pride
- Setbacks and Comebacks
- Community & Belonging
- Hope & Healing
- Strength & resilience
- Wisdom of women
How to Submit
Submissions are now closed.
Catch us next time!